- I left my favorite pair of underwear at your house. I know your mother hates me, can I come pick them up?
- It’s been almost a month and I still miss you like a fucking limb.
- I didn’t know my bones could ache until I met you.
- You know, a week before we broke up, do you remember? I had bought a book of poetry. You asked why I didn’t read something more interesting and I could feel my insides splinter.
- You said poetry was all lies dressed up to sound pretty. When I look at you these days, I want to ask if sadness sounds pretty to you too.
- It’s 3 a.m. and this alcohol tastes like you.
- I saw you staring at me today during Lit class. I smiled at you and you didn’t smile back. I almost cried.
- The girl who sits next to me smells like you.
- I miss you.
- I have never had so many bad nights.
- Sometimes I write poetry about you on the internet. Strangers who have never met either of us think you’re cruel – they tell me if they had the honor of loving me, we’d have sex three times a day and they’d scream my name when they came.
- They think it is beautiful, how I am broken. I don’t think they understand.
- You used to tell me I was beautiful. I tried saying it in the mirror the other day, but it sounded wrong without your mouth wrapped around it.
- Everything I say sounds wrong without your mouth wrapped around it.
- We were never in love, but, oh God, we could have been.
— "15 Texts I Almost Sent You" by d.a.s (via backshelfpoet)
• • 7,217 notes
“[A] federal minimum wage in 1968 could have lifted a family of three above the poverty line, now it can’t even do that for a parent with one child, working full-time, 40 hours a week and 52 weeks a year (yes, this calculation assumes that the parent takes no time off).”
Minimum Wage Was Once Enough To Keep a Family of 3 Out of Poverty | The Atlantic (via america-wakiewakie)
THIS IS WHY LOW MINIMUM WGE IS A PROBLEM YOU FUCKING ASSHOLES.
DONE. SO DONE WITH EVERYONE WHO IS AGAINST MINIMUM WAGE INCREASES.
• • 2,530 notes
you might have to turn your volume up a bit because my microphone is literal shit but hey i wrote a song and it’s still very rough
• • 5 notes
I love the insides of envelopes
(Source: asiswas, via cry777)
• • 8,028 notes